The Vandercook 100 celebrates 100 years of printing on the Vandercook proof press (1909-2009) and showcases 100 of today’s most significant letterpress printers who use the Vandercook press. The selected printers are internationally respected teachers, practitioners and designers recognized for their diversity of design and printing processes, their passion for letterpress and their love of the Vandercook proof press.
The book benefits students, teachers, practitioners, and designers who are looking for a comprehensive directory of letterpress printers. It also offers insight into their methodologies and offers a glimpse into their work environments. Here's what you will find inside:
- 224 pages of insight into the letterpress printing industry
- stories from over 100 artisans, teachers, practitioners, and designers
- over 500 photographs that share a glimpse inside studios, institutions and book art centers throughout the world
- a Vandercook proof press model index
- the best tips + tricks from the 100 participants for maintenance and operation of the Vandercook proof press
- a huge resource section full of useful links to manuals, equipment, museums, supplies, and much more...